Friday 19 August 2016

The Random Writer's Tag

The last day of camp is tomorrow - my how time has flown! So many great memories have been made, this year has been awesome! It's been busy and fun and everything in between :) I'll try to write up a post on it soon, although I'll admit, I've been falling behind on posts lately. I haven't even finished the Landry camp posts -_- I WILL GET TO THEM!! xD

But for now, it's time for. . .



I was tagged by Livi Jane from Living For the Other Side for The Random Writer's Tag. Thank you so much, Livi!

1. If you could pick one (yes, only one) of your characters to meet in real life, who would it be and why?
Oh, goodness, let me think. There are so many characters! Ummm..... I think Aileen Forrest from my short story I Did It For You. She'd be a very enjoyable person to be around, and we'd be good friends ;) 

2. What kind of relationship do you enjoy writing about most? (Brother-brother, friend-friend, romance, etc.)
Probably brother-sister, friend-friend, and (slight) romance. I say slight, because if the romance is too much, then Tiger Lily, when editing, goes so very elegantly: "My brain just vomited" (reference from Studio C :P) 

3. Describe your favorite setting in which to write.
Flopped down on my stomach in either my bed or the couch, surrounded by notebooks, pens, computer, and earphones. My absolute favourite place is my bed, but unfortunately, I'm not allowed to bring my computer up there. So it's usually on the couch.

4. When/where do you usually get inspiration for your stories when you're stuck?
Huh. Good question. My ideas for new stories come from random people/things/events at extremely random times. But if it's inspiration for a story that I'm already writing, it usually comes while I'm going to sleep/sleeping. A relaxed brain helps a lot :) 

5. How important are names to you in your books? Do you choose the names based on liking the way it sounds or the meaning?
Well, it does take a while for me to name my characters. I try to choose names that fit the character's personality. But I prefer choosing by the way it sounds, instead of the meaning.

6. What are some of your favorite character names?
Amy Ryder, Margaret (Meg) Lincoln, Aileen Forrest, Tessa Brown. Oh, and Marcus. But he's in my Pompeii story and I haven't quite figured out a last name for him yet ;) 

7. What/Who inspired you to start writing?
I think my love for words and creating stories was what inspired my writing. There was a time when Tiger Lily and I played dolls and we needed books. 'Cause we knew that you can't live without books. So I cut some paper, stapled them together, and wrote stories in them. I think those were the first stories I ever wrote. After that, my love for writing stories just grew :)

8. And finally, would you rather never read another book or never write another story?
Never write another story. It would be VERY sad to never be able to write another story, but I think my love for reading surpasses my love for writing :D

And that's it! Those were super fun to answer; just saying ;) Thanks again, Livi!

If any of you want to do this tag, PLEASE do so! And if you do, let me know in the comments below so that I can go check it out! :D

Hope you all have a great week! :)


8 comments:

  1. Those are some great questions. And fun answers. :) I don't think I could pick just ONE of my characters to meet. That would be too difficult.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rebekah! Well, I don't have half as many characters as you do, and I already had a hard time choosing. So yeah, I can understand your difficulty :)

      Delete
  2. "My brain just vomited" --- HAHAHA!!! XD Soooo funny,

    I enjoyed reading this tag, Blessing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, yep, that's Tiger Lily for you! ;)

      Thanks, Faith!

      Delete
  3. Thank you for doing this tag, Blessing! I enjoyed reading your answers!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank YOU for tagging me, Livi! I really enjoyed it! :D

      Delete
  4. Cool! I loved reading this tag and learning more about you and your writing. I love Studio C hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lauren! Haha, yep. Studio C is awesome! ;)

      Delete

Hi! Thanks for stopping by! :)
I LOVE comments, so please do leave one! I will try and reply as soon as possible :D If you comment under Anonymous, please leave a name (it can be made up or real, your choice ;)
Oh, and as you all probably know, my family and I are under pseudonyms (you didn’t really think I had a brother named Spiderman or Ironman, did ya? We’re weird, but not 'that' weird! :P) If you do know our real names, please don’t say it in the comment box. Public safety stuff ;) Thanks!

Finally, brothers (and sisters!), whatever is true, whatever is honourable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things
~ Philippians 4: 8