Bethany from A Great God and Good Cocoa shared this awesome idea with me earlier this month. Basically, I'll be sharing highlights from each month with you :) Lord willing, this will be an every month sort of thing, but, we'll have to see! :D
So anyway, on to my February highlights!
One big thing that happened: I turned sixteen ;)
I love reading, and to be perfectly honest, I haven't had a nice long read for a long time. Like months! But this month, well, let's just say my school load lightened a bit and I took advantage of it by reading. A LOT!! :D
- Drummer Boy at Bull Run - Gilbert Morris - 174
- Yankee Belles in Dixie - 153
- The Secret of Richmond Manor - 145
- The Soldier Boys Discovery - 158
- Blockade Runner - 139
- The Gallant Boys of Gettysburg - 157
- The Battle of Lookout Mountain - 156
- Encounter at Cold Harbour - 145
- Fire Over Atlanta - 153
- Bring the Boys Home - 118
- Huntress of Thornbeck Forest - Melanie Dickerson - 310
- The Man in the Brown Suit - Agatha Christie - 381
- Young Pioneers - Rose Wilder Lane- 118
- The King’s Daughter - Suzanne Martel- 211
- Five Little Peppers and How They Grew - Margaret Sidney - 320
- The Importance of Being Earnest -Oscar Wilde 54
- The Canterville Ghost - Oscar Wilde 69
- Urchin and the Rage Tide - M. A. McAllister - 268
- Urchin and the Raven War - M.A. McAllister - 284
- Mara Daughter of the Nile - Eloise Jarvis McGraw - 279
- Nobody Said It Would Be Easy - Marilyn Halvorson- 194
- Through Gates of Splendour - Elisabeth Elliot - 268
- Acts (second half of the book)
- Bible Devotional (it's a 365 day devotional, so one page a day) - 28
That makes 25 books and over 4282 pages! I love reading ;)
Some more exciting things that have been going on this month...
Toblerone started skiing for the first time ever! And boy, was he good at it! :D We're all so proud of him!
I started working on the Driver's Handbook. Hopefully I can take the test for it soon! :)
One of my dear friends turned 13!!
And of course, throughout the whole month, the unending school! :) This month actually wasn't SO bad, compared to December and January (exam months). So long as I took care to get everything done on time and didn't procrastinate too much, I was okay. There's this way with school where, if you take your time with it and procrastinate, it just creeps up on you until you find yourself staring at a massive amount of stuff to do. *shudders* I really dislike it when that happens!
Right now, math is my main problem. I'm not a math type of person, and imaginary numbers, synthetic division of polynomials, and graphing polynomials of degree 3, 4, or 5 are beyond me. But I'm plodding my way through ;) It will be so nice when I'm done with math! :D
Literary analysis is my new best friend. I'm enjoying writing essays, and now that I've finally got the basic idea of what essays are (supporting opinions, etc), they're not so hard anymore. They're actually quite fun! :)
Oh yes, and I grew bacteria for biology. I think I ended up with around 15, 000 bacteria colonies.
I've probably mentioned this a lot already, but the weather has been C.R.A.Z.Y!! Snow, then rain, then snow again and so on. The temperatures are going up and down and. . . yep :P Pretty crazy. My absolute favourite day was the time the everything was covered in ice, and the sun was shining, and the ice in the trees were tinkling like little glass bells, and everything was absolutely beautiful.
A few of my favourite things from this February:
Favourite Bible Verses from Bible reading and memory work:
- For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God and are justified by his grace as a gift, through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus ~ Romans 3: 23-24
- For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the Spirit. For to set the mind on the flesh is death, but to set the mind on the Spirit is life and peace ~ Romans 8: 5-6
Favourite songs (aka most listened to ;)
- Slow Me Down
- The Promise
- Before the Throne of God Above
- City Down Below
- Grandpa's Waltz
- Into the Sun
The Willis Clan ;) Tiger Lily gave me their country and folk album Boots for a birthday present and I've loved every single song on there!
Well, that about wraps up February! I hope you enjoyed this post! :)
What are some of your February highlights? Let me know in the comments box! :D
Have a blessed March, everyone! :)