Monday 4 January 2016

Cinderella Party // The Tag

As you all probably know from previous posts, Heidi is hosting a grand Cinderella Party!!
Part of the many things you get to do there is a tag, so here goes! :)

1. In the vast array of fairytale heroines, what particular character qualities most define Cinderella? 
Hmm...well, the characteristics that I usually connect with Cinderella are patience, good-will, and a readiness to serve anyone and everyone. 

2. What are some of the deeper, big picture differences you see between retellings where both stepsisters are nasty and others where one is nasty and one is kind? How do you think the two takes differently develop/illuminate/affect Cinderella’s character and also the overarching story itself?
I think Cinderella's situation is shown as more ....lonely and dreadful when there are two nasty stepsisters. When there is one evil one and one kind one, Cinderella isn't as lonely, she does have a friend in one of her sisters. In one, Cinderella needs a ton of patience, with hardly anything to reward her until the very end. In the other, she still does need patience, but at least she can be helped a teensy bit by her other sister. Just a very teeny bit, but still, it's help! :D

3. Are you an animal lover? Would you eagerly count mice, lizards, cows, and geese as friends? Dogs and cats? 
Yes, I an animal lover! I love my dog Maple (she's sooo cute, and I call her Puppy even though she's already 6 years old and considered quite an adult ;) ) and I think I would like cats, especially kittens, but I'm not too sure since I've never had one. We almost bought one once, but then we found out that some family members were allergic to cats :( So we never did get one. (But once I have my own house/apartment, I think I'll have a dog and cat to keep me company :)) And yes, I like lizards, and snakes, and cows, and geese. And most mice. I used to take care of three teeny weeny baby mice that we found in our pool last year. And a very cute, round little mole that was also found in our pool :)

Oh yes. And little birdies too :) 

4. After asking question #3, I realized how remarkably many of the adaptations I’ve seen have Cinderella either horseback riding or involved with horses. Have you ever ridden? If so, have you ever ridden sidesaddle or bareback? 
Yes, I have ridden horses before! Tiger Lily and I used to take lessons a loooong time ago. Never sidesaddle (don't think I could stay on like that :P) or bareback. I think it was called English riding. Definitely not Western, though I would love to learn how to do that!

5. Your favorite Cinderella dress/s? 
Mmm...either the 2015 Cinderella ball gown, or Danielle's butterfly gown (that I had previously been calling a swan dress for some reason or other :P)



6. Do you ever think of Cinderella while doing your household chores? :)
Ummm....not usually!

7. What major character traits do you think are essential in a faithful prince? 
Well, I think some such traits of a faithful prince would be selflessness, protectiveness for his princess :), and loving her for who she truly is. A pure heart is also another good trait. If that can be considered a trait! Things he can not ever be is spoiled, selfish, and immature. EVER!!

8. Your top THREE favorite fairy tales (as in the original folk tales, not adaptations). 
Rapunzel, The Constant Tin Soldier, and Little Red Riding Hood. There is also Isis and Orisis/Horus the Avenger that is a great favourite of mine too. And a short Egyptian story similar to Cinderella, maybe I'll post it sometime this week :) 
9. Your top FIVE current favorite fairy tale/legend type films (BESIDES any Cinderella adaptations). 
Tangled, Frozen, Enchanted (2007, not Ella Enchanted!), Beauty and the Beast, Mulan, and the Little Mermaid. Oops, that was six, sorry ;)

10. If you could play Cinderella and the story could be set in any region of the world and any time period, what would you pick? And what would your dream ‘ball gown’ for it be like? 
Hmm....places would be either England, or Ireland. ( Imagine an Irish Cinderella! :D ) Time Period: Romantic era....just raise the dresses a bit lots!!, please! :) As for a gown, I would love to wear the Lily James' Cinderella dress, or Danielle's ball gown. But with a couple alterations, for example, extra covering! ;) 
11. And (purely for fun :))… what color/s do you immediately associate with Cinderella?
BLUE!!! 

6 comments:

  1. Oh, I loooved reading your answers, Blessing!!! :D And I one-hundred-percent-amen agree with your prince characteristics. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful answers!

    Oh I love the fairy tale the Constant Tin Soldier! I haven't thought about that one in a long time. I love that segment in Disney's Fantasia remake about the Tin Soldier and the ballerina. So lovely and sweet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Faith! Actually, I've never seen Disney's version of the Constant Tin Soldier. To be perfectly honest, I didn't even know it had been made into a movie! XD But thank you for letting me know. . .I think I just might have to go check it out and see if it's available for me to watch! ;)

      Delete
  3. Beautiful answers, Blessing!!

    I think it's a super neat twist/fantastic, too, when one stepsister is kinder (as in EA) and I also love where both are nasty... somehow it can make it all so much bigger and sweeping, if that makes sense.

    And ohhh, such a sweet story of how you rescued the baby mice and the little mole! :) We worked really hard to try and save some baby birds once and they didn't make it... which was extremely sad. :/ But we have rescued six dogs people have dumped over the years (and still personally own three of them + our original two ;)).

    And -- Tangled, Frozen, Ever After, and Cinderella 2015 -- I'm soo thrilled we have so many common favorites! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thank you, Heidi!

      Wow, SIX dogs? Amazing! Were they puppies or fully grown dogs when you rescued them?

      Thanks for commenting! :D

      Delete

Hi! Thanks for stopping by! :)
I LOVE comments, so please do leave one! I will try and reply as soon as possible :D If you comment under Anonymous, please leave a name (it can be made up or real, your choice ;)
Oh, and as you all probably know, my family and I are under pseudonyms (you didn’t really think I had a brother named Spiderman or Ironman, did ya? We’re weird, but not 'that' weird! :P) If you do know our real names, please don’t say it in the comment box. Public safety stuff ;) Thanks!

Finally, brothers (and sisters!), whatever is true, whatever is honourable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things
~ Philippians 4: 8