Saturday 24 October 2015

The Awesome Food Award

The lovely Heidi nominated me a couple of days ago for the Awesome Food Award! :) Thank you Heidi! Now, before you go any farther, click either on Heidi's name or right here: Along the Brandywine to check out her awesome blog!

The rules:

1). Thank the person who nominated you, as well as link to their blog.
2). Answer the 10 questions provided.
3). Come up with 10 more questions that relate to food.
4). Nominate at least 5 people.
5). Let those people know they've been nominated.

Heidi's questions:
1. Your thoughts on cheese?
Absotutley delicious! Creamy and especially good with apple pie :) 

2. Favorite pizza?
Hawaiian!! I love that amazing mix of juicy pineapple, roasted ham, and melting cheese. . . getting hungry just imagining it! 

3. Have you always had a “traditional” dinner (i.e. turkey and all the fixings) on Thanksgiving?
Yes, usually. Well, the fixings aren't always the same, but the turkey is generally the same. The only thing that changes perhaps is the size. Family grows in person and size, ya know! ;)

4. Favorite Thanksgiving dish to prepare?
Hmm....probably potatoes or roast vegetables for a side, turkey (of course!) for the main, and apple crisp/crumble for dessert! :D 

5. Your favorite breakfast?
Pancakes with homemade maple syrup, fresh eggs from the chickens, and little teeny breakfast sausages. We don't usually eat this type of breakfast on an everyday basis just because it is rather time-consuming to cook up. Especially for a family of 9! :P 

6. Favorite kind of bread (i.e. whole wheat, French, sourdough, cinnamon-raisin, etc.)
My favourite kind of bread is probably white, whole wheat, French, sourdough, rye, honey-and-oat, and multi-grain. What other kind of bread is there? Oh, fried bread is okay, but it's not my total favourite because of all the grease. And mouldy bread isn't a great favourite either :P 

7. Favorite vegetable?
Ohhh...does corn count as a vegetable? I think it's one, anyway, I hope it is, because I love eating corn. Mmm...corn kernels with butter melting over it!  Maybe with a handful of peas and carrots thrown in too! :) 

8. Do you like sweet or sour?
Both. I like sweet food, sour food, and sweet and sour food. Really just depends on the day. 

9. Most unusual/unexpected ethnic dish you’ve ever had?
The most unusual and very unexpected ethnic dish that I ever ate was in Singapore. We went to Dad's cousin's Italian restaurant while we were there and among the other delicious pastas and pizzas that he served us, was a dish of linguini covered in black squid ink! A very interesting dish, if I do say so myself! :D 

10. Hamburgers or hotdogs?
Hamburgers!! Every time! 

Thank you again, Heidi for tagging me! I don't know if the tag was supposed to do this to me, but I'm really hungry right now. . . and I just ate dinner :P 

Okie dokie, now to come up with some questions! 

1. Chocolate or vanilla?
2. Favourite dessert? 
3. Imagine that it's freezing cold, there's lots of snow, and you just came in from playing outside. Would you prefer to drink hot chocolate or coffee?
4. Favourite pie/cake?
5. What is a dessert that you love making/is the easiest thing you can make?
6. What is a meal that you love making/is the easiest thing you can make?
7. Is there a food that you hope that you'll never have to eat in your life time?
8. The strangest dish you've ever eaten?
9. Favourite mealtime? Why?
10. How do you make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich? :) 

And then just because, I'm going to add this little sketch by Studio C here on how to make the perfect peanut butter and jelly sandwich :D 

For this tag, I nominate:
Tiffany C. 
Tiger Lily

Have fun with the tag everyone! :) Oh, and if I didn't mention you and you want to do the tag, please feel free to do so! I'd love to see everyone's answers!! :D 

22 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for the nomination, Blessing! Do you mind if I answer the questions on here in a comment?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, sure, Bethany! :) I don't mind at all! :D

      Delete
    2. Okay, thanks. I'll do that later on!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for nominating me! This looks like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Shai! :) Can't wait to see your answers!!

      Delete
  3. Vanilla, chocolate marshmallow squares, I would prefer Hot chocolate. Pecan Pie. Yumm!!! I love making Ginger snaps. I like making mac and cheese. :) Yes It's Lentil Dull. Gross! Dried fish. Breakfast you get to have cereal and eggs. I make a peanut by putting peanut butter on a piece of bread the.n putting jelly on top. Oh, and thanks for nominating me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for answering, Toria! ;) Mmmm...mac and cheese! I haven't eaten that for a long time! Do you make the Kraft kind or homemade?

      Delete
  4. Oh this looks fun! I can't wait to do this post! I hope to get to it soon! :D Thanks for the nomination!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Emily! Can't wait to see your answers! I know they're going to be fun ;)

      Delete
  5. I'm going to answer on here as soon as I have time. :) Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, great, Rebekah! :) Can't wait to see your answers ;)

      Delete
  6. Hi Blessing Counter, thanks for nominating me. Here are my answers:

    1. Chocolate or vanilla?
    Chocolate
    2. Favourite dessert?
    Can't choose, maybe apple pie.
    3. Imagine that it's freezing cold, there's lots of snow, and you just came in from playing outside. Would you prefer to drink hot chocolate or coffee?
    Hot chocolate.
    4. Favourite pie/cake?
    apple pie.
    5. What is a dessert that you love making/is the easiest thing you can make?
    cookies are easiest.
    6. What is a meal that you love making/is the easiest thing you can make?
    i really don't know!
    7. Is there a food that you hope that you'll never have to eat in your life time?
    Can't think of anything!!
    8. The strangest dish you've ever eaten?
    There's nothing really strange, maybe some thing my sisters made.
    9. Favourite mealtime? Why?
    Supper. everyone's' together.
    10. How do you make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich? :)
    spread peanut butter on one piece of bread and spread jelly one the other. then put them together.
    actually, I don't think I've made one before, but that's how I would make it. I would rather have bread with butter!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome, Tiffany! Thanks for answering the questions! :) It was great reading your answers :D

      What kind of cookies do you like to make?

      Delete
    2. Sometimes I make up my own, so every time's different!

      Delete
  7. This post reminds me that I still need to do that bookshelf blog thingy you nominated me for a few months ago :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries, Rebekah! Actually, I completely forgot about that too! :P

      Delete
  8. Hawaiian pizza!!!! Yay! We don't tend to have it often, but oh, I LOVE it... ;D And your favorite breakfast choice is making me hungry. :)

    What a fascinating "unusual" food story -- quite the adventure!! :)

    And I wanted to make sure to say again how much I always enjoy "visiting" you here. ;) Your family looks so fun and lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words, Heidi! :) I'm so glad you're enjoying the blog! :D

      Delete
  9. Okay I'm doing my post today! You'll see it in a bit! Thanks for nominating me! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Okay I'm doing my post today! You'll see it in a bit! Thanks for nominating me! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great, Emily!! I'm going to go check it out right now! :)

      Delete
  11. Sorry for the really, really, really late reply! Here are my answers though!
    1. Chocolate or vanilla?
    Chocolate or Vanilla what? If it was ice cream i would pick vanilla but if it was a drink i would pick chocolate :)
    2. Favorite dessert?
    Ummmmm...........Something yummy? I have no idea:P I can’t pick a favorite!
    3.Imagine that it's freezing cold, there's lots of snow, and you just came in from playing outside. Would you prefer to drink hot chocolate or coffee?
    You probably know what I’m going to say already:P
    HOT CHOCOLATE!!! :D (I don’t really like coffee)
    4. Favorite pie/cake?
    For pie, I would say apple, for cake, I think I would pick chocolate of some kind.
    5. What is a dessert that you love making/is the easiest thing you can make?
    Cookies, Probably chocolate chip:)
    6. What is a meal that you love making/is the easiest thing you can make?
    I’m not sure........I like cooking but I don’t have a favorite meal.
    7. Is there a food that you hope that you'll never have to eat in your life time?
    Probably bugs, especially spiders. *shudders*
    8. The strangest dish you've ever eaten?
    Same as you: Squid ink covered noodles. Let’s just say that they were very black and inky:P
    9. Favourite mealtime? Why?
    Dinner! Because everyone’s there! (That seems to be a common answer..)
    10. How do you make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich?
    You take 2 slices of bread, spread jelly on one side, peanut butter on the other, squish them together and eat it:D Unless you’re making it for someone else, because they might be upset if you eat their sandwich:P

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for stopping by! :)
I LOVE comments, so please do leave one! I will try and reply as soon as possible :D If you comment under Anonymous, please leave a name (it can be made up or real, your choice ;)
Oh, and as you all probably know, my family and I are under pseudonyms (you didn’t really think I had a brother named Spiderman or Ironman, did ya? We’re weird, but not 'that' weird! :P) If you do know our real names, please don’t say it in the comment box. Public safety stuff ;) Thanks!

Finally, brothers (and sisters!), whatever is true, whatever is honourable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things
~ Philippians 4: 8