Wednesday 2 December 2015

Sugar, Spice, and All Things Nice

Okay, first of all, doesn't that name sound soooo delightful? I could just say that for awhile. When I first read the post, I actually said it around ten times. It just sounds so nice! :)

Anyway, some of you are probably wondering what this is. Olivia from 9 Kids plus 2  created this very fun Christmas tag. Let's spread some Christmas cheer, shall we? ;)

So, the rules are:

1) Thank the person who nominated you, as well as link to their blog.
2) Answer the 6 questions provided.
3) Come up with 10 more questions that relate to this topic.
4) Nominate at least 2 or more people.
5) Let those people know they’ve been nominated. 

1) Christmas is coming up! What is your favourite kind of hot drink to snuggle up with a blanket by a nice warm fire while reading a book? (Don’t worry if you don’t have a fire; you can just pretend ;) 
Mmm... hot chocolate is one of my favourites, but we don't buy it very often (because most times it seems like it's made from 50% sugar, which is probably why it tastes good ;) ) so most times, it's Milo that I end up drinking. It's pretty close to hot chocolate, I think, just tastes slightly different. It's also thicker, not as creamy (unless you add milk) and definitely not as sweet as hot chocolate (unless you add sugar, which we're not allowed o do ;) ) 
2) Warm, comforting, tea! What is your favourite kind?
Oo-long/Green tea. SO good!! :) I used to drink mugs of it every day, but had to stop after finding out that it was preventing me from falling asleep :P So I can only drink it before noon. Or else I seriously have the hardest time falling asleep ;) Same for coffee! 
3) Holidays- ok, let’s admit- can be either low -key or very, very, VERY stressful. If you could get away from one holiday, what would it be?
I really like all holidays! Some of them can be very, very, stressful but I think it's all part of the fun! 
4) What is the one type of food, around Thanksgiving and Christmas, that is hardest for you to stay away from? (I’m serious, like, you are just dying to have?)
Umm...I think it might actually be easier to say what food wold I be dying to stay away from :P (actually, none that I can think of even there. Except for cranberry sauce *shudders*) There is way too much food that I love to eat during those times! There is SOO much food, how do you choose? ;) 
5) Sugar and Spice, or Sweet and Salty?
Sugar and spice! 
6) What does Christmas mean to you?
To me, Christmas is the day that Christ came down to save us because He loved us! It's a time to acknowledge God's grace and love for us and be grateful for His mercy. He sent His one and only Son to save us!! Isn't that wonderful? God really is an amazing and loving Father! :) 
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life ~ John 3:16
Alright, now here are my questions! 

1. What is your favourite kind of cookie? 
2. Any Christmas traditions?
3. Do you enjoy decorating Christmas trees?
4. When do you open presents, Christmas Eve or Christmas? 
5. When do you start listening to Christmas music? 
6. What is your favourite Christmas song? 
7. What is one thing that you would like for Christmas?
8. Are you hoping for a white Christmas or a green one? (I've always wondered why it's called a green Christmas when it should really be a brown one since everything is all dead and pretty . . . brown ;) ) 
9. Favourite part of the holiday?
10. (this is a repeat of the question Olivia asked me, because I think it's a really important question to ask! :D) What does Christmas mean to you?

Okie dokie! And the people I nominate is:

Thank you for putting together such a fun tag, Olivia! :) 

2 comments:

  1. This looks like a darling tag! Thanks for nominating me, Blessing! I'll try to do it in the next few days. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I went to bed last night and JUST before I fell asleep I remembered "Oh no! I forgot to TELL Faith and Lauren they were nominated!" :P I guess you don't have to be told anymore though ;)

      Looking forward to reading your answers :D

      Delete

Hi! Thanks for stopping by! :)
I LOVE comments, so please do leave one! I will try and reply as soon as possible :D If you comment under Anonymous, please leave a name (it can be made up or real, your choice ;)
Oh, and as you all probably know, my family and I are under pseudonyms (you didn’t really think I had a brother named Spiderman or Ironman, did ya? We’re weird, but not 'that' weird! :P) If you do know our real names, please don’t say it in the comment box. Public safety stuff ;) Thanks!

Finally, brothers (and sisters!), whatever is true, whatever is honourable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things
~ Philippians 4: 8