Thursday 24 December 2015

12 Days of Christmas // Day 11 // Christmas With You


Today, I'll be doing a review on Christmas With You, an album by The Wiebes. So, this is how it is going to work. First, there'll be a mini introduction to the Wiebes, then I'll put down each song that they did and then tell you what my opinion is of each song. Make sense? My family and I have listened to this album more than 5 times through already, and we're still not tired of listening to it! I'm listening to it right now as I'm typing! It's actually what gave me the idea to do this post. You see, our plans kind of got altered by something that came up in the family, so yeah, we had some changes that we had to adjust to. We got back from the airport yesterday evening and so I wasn't able to do what I had originally planned for today. Then while Tiger Lily and I were wrapping presents for our cousins, we were listening to this album again, so that's where I got the idea to do a review on this. :D Hope you enjoy! 

Before I get into any introductions, here are some really cute pictures of the two :) 






Shane Wiebe was a contestant in Canadian Idol, and he made it to the Top 5. He is amazingly talented and his voice is just so awesome! :) He is married to Angela Wiebe, another beautiful singer,  and they are parents of two children. The two have been singing together since the day they met. And boy, do they make a great pair! :D 

We first heard of them when they came as guest performers to a concert that we attended. They were so amazing, we ended up buying all 5 of their albums! And got Mr. Wiebe to sign one of the CD's :) Wished Mrs. Wiebe would have been able to do it too, but she was busy elsewhere! 




In their album, Christmas With You, there are the following songs:

Angels We Have Heard on High
This song is one of my absolute favourites in this album. Angela's voice is so clear and so high, it's what you would describe as crystal clear! She has a really beautiful voice, you could listen to it all day and not got tired of it! (I've done that once actually. Listened to Christmas With You for most of a day, and yep! Didn't get tired of it at all! :P ) The song is sort of like a mash-up with another Christmas song, the Merry Christmas Canon. (not sure if that's what that song is called... ;) 

Glorious Impossible
One of the family's favourites! It has a really catchy tune and the chorus is soooo cool! And the harmonies are really beautiful in here! Well, actually, all the harmonies in the other songs are just a beautiful, but hey, going to try to not repeat myself here because I tend to repeat harmony and melody a lot. :P 

Christmas With You
A very jazzy sort of song. And something that Tiger Lily and I love to try singing in the same range as Shane :P  Very low, but we can actually do it! Lots of fun to sing along with, and the boys and Tiger Lily just realized yesterday that one of the verses says "the kids are coming down with the flu" which they find hilariously funny. So yeah, lots of laughter whenever we're playing this song! :D 

O Holy Night
The. Most. Beautiful. Song. In. the World. 

And Shane made it even better! I know I've said this before, but he has an AMAZING voice!! You have to hear it! He sang O Holy Night at the concert and it gave me delightful shivers just listening to it. Especially when he sang those high notes! 

Actually, I found a video of it from Youtube.... so maybe you can hear it! :D 



Messiah (Anna's Song)
Okay first off, the words in here are amazing. It's like a story from Anna's point of view, first while waiting for Christ to appear, and then what she thought when she finally got to see Him. It really shows how we should be looking out for Christmas. We shouldn't be looking forward to presents and Santa Claus, I mean, we have to remember what Christmas is really about! We should be looking forward for Christ, and what He did for us on that day. :) 

Angela proves here that she can not only sing really high, she can also sing super low too! The low notes that she's able to hit in here really personalize this song, but yeah. She's amazing. Have I said that already? :) 

The First Noel
This was done as a piano instrumental, so no vocals :( I want to say that it's rather simple, but then all the chords and extra harmonies just won't let it qualify as simple anymore. It's a very pretty song! 

Mary Did You Know
Somewhat jazzy here too. It's almost got a mysterious quality to it, which makes it really amazing. My favourite part of this song would be when he sings "Did you know that your baby boy is Heaven's perfect Lamb? The sleeping child you're holding is the Great I AM!!" 

Lo How a Rose E'er Blooming
Umm....how to put this. . . This is the only song that none of us have managed to get used to. So it's not a big favourite. It's sung as an a-capella, but there are only two people in it, just different tracks to sound like there are more people. It's a little confusing trying to hear it, and personally, I think their voices get muffled because of the way they're singing. You know how when you listen to an opera or something like that, most of the time, the singers' voices are somewhat muffled? Kind of like you don't get to hear what they actually sound like, kind of thick and fake? I know this might not be making any sense at all to you! Sorry! If it did make sense, let me know! ;) 

Huron Carol
The rhythm and beats in here make it very much like a Native American chant, super cool! 

What Child Is This?
Not sung in the "normal" way, depending on how you usually listen to it! We usually hear this song sung to the tune of Greensleeves, how do you hear it as? At first, I didn't like this version at all, but it grew on me and now I really love it! :D 

Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas
So awesome! I wish I could hear this version on the radio!!! One of the major things that stick out for me is the way they change the words so that instead of saying "if the fates allow", they sing "if the Lord allows" instead. They sang this song at the concert as well, and afterwards,  Mom and I asked each other at the same time "Did they sing this instead of that?" :D 

Away in a Manger
Features Angela Wiebe's a.m.a.z.i.n.g voice again. With a lovely harmony by the talented Shane Wiebe. Honestly, I don't think I can emphasize more on how talented and amazing they are! :D 

And that's the end of the album! I hope you enjoyed this post, and hey! let me know if you listen to any of their songs!! :D 



Luke 2: 13 - 15
And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God and saying, 
“Glory to God in the highest,

    and on earth peace among those with whom he is pleased!”

When the angels went away from them into heaven, the shepherds said to one another, “Let us go over to Bethlehem and see this thing that has happened, which the Lord has made known to us.” 




1 MORE DAYS UNTIL CHRISTMAS!! 


Wait...what?!? It's Christmas Eve TODAY!!!

2 comments:

Hi! Thanks for stopping by! :)
I LOVE comments, so please do leave one! I will try and reply as soon as possible :D If you comment under Anonymous, please leave a name (it can be made up or real, your choice ;)
Oh, and as you all probably know, my family and I are under pseudonyms (you didn’t really think I had a brother named Spiderman or Ironman, did ya? We’re weird, but not 'that' weird! :P) If you do know our real names, please don’t say it in the comment box. Public safety stuff ;) Thanks!

Finally, brothers (and sisters!), whatever is true, whatever is honourable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things
~ Philippians 4: 8