Monday 11 May 2015

Random Questions . . . and Answers!

This post is going to be a very long one, full of random, random things, so get ready! :)

The people who answered my crazy questions and/or tried to guess which random fact about me was wrong are:


Tiffany C.
Rebekah Raub
Snow White
Olivia from Like Mother Like Daughter
Mikayla Soh from The Delightful Posy
Rebekah from Rebekah's Reading Room

Thank you all! I enjoyed reading your answers and guesses!  :D

If you still wanted to answer the questions I made up, you can click on this link: Random Questions ;). I'd love to see any other answers! :D


Now for those three random facts. . .

                           1. I have 2 times more brothers than I have sisters

                           2. I like the Lord of the Rings trilogy (the books) 

                           3. I like toads and frogs, but not snakes

For those of you who said that #2 was wrong, you were correct. I do not like the Lord of the Rings. Pretty much all the people I know who have read the trilogy say that they love it and they don't know anyone who doesn't like Lord of the Rings. . . and then I have to go "Well, now you do know one!" :P 

The first fact is true. I just love saying that I have 2 times more brothers than I do sisters because people always go, "No, you don't" and then I say "Yes, I do" and then they think about it for awhile and then "Ohh... you do!" Even Dad said that that fact was false! But yes, I do have four brothers and two sisters! :D

And the third fact is also true. I don't mind holding frogs and toads, but I can't stand snakes. I mean, I can look at a snake but it has to be at least two feet away and I can NOT hold them. I'm always scared that they're gonna slither up my shirt. *shudder*

Olivia (mentioned above) answered my questions on her blog and also created 10 new ones. So I'm going to try answering them. Here goes! 

1. Who is your favourite singer/music band?
Hmm. . . I don't have an absolute favourite, but I do like Britt Nicole (she is one amazing singer!!), Sisters (I love their harmonies) and some of Cimorelli's songs.
2. When it comes to gymnastics, what are you best at?
I don't do gymnastics, but do somersaults count? Right now, my brothers are teaching me how to do somersaults on the trampoline. Our goal is for me to be able to do a full somersault in the air without touching ground by the end of this summer. Am I close to fulfilling that? No. :P
3. Red or Yellow?
Yellow. Nice, bright, and sunny.
4. If you could suddenly change into anything you wanted, what would it be?
A bird. A small little brown bird that could fly just anywhere it wanted. That would be so much fun!
5. The Prime minister of Canada just knocked on your door. Your house is a mess. What would you do?
"Guys, let's clean up the house, pronto!" Just kidding. :P That just isn't possible. I'd probably bring him onto the back deck, desperately hope that it won't rain or snow or hail, and talk to him there. Hey, what's he doing at our place anyway? :D
6. You just got asked to sing our national anthem in front of everyone at the baseball game, would you accept or would you decline?
Accept! I don't mind singing, and though it would be kind of nerve-racking to sing in front of who knows how many people, I think I'd still do it!
7. Do you like watermelon or cheesecake better?
Watermelon! Cheesecake is a little too heavy for me, but I like it. Just not as much as a juicy, cold slice of watermelon!
8. What would you do if you were home alone, but then you heard of a tornado that was going to hit in the area where you lived! What would you do?
Umm. . . get out of the area? I can't hide in our basement because there are way too many trees around us and it would be as dangerous inside the house as it would be outside! So I'd probably try to run away! Oh, and call someone to let them know that I was leaving the house and would they mind picking me up so that I didn't have to walk all the way? :P
9. Are you an early bird or a night owl?
I'm both. I can wake up really early, even if I went to sleep late, and I can stay up really late, even if I woke up early. Is it good for me? No. But I do do it sometimes.
10. What are you most afraid of? (tough question I know, but if you don't want to say your worst fear, then say one of your fears.)
People. That's what I'm most afraid of, I'm afraid! Or rather, what people think of me and whether or not I'll be "accepted", if you know what I mean! There were (are) times when I feel like the only way I can get people to like me is to act like them. Recently, I've realized how wrong I am to try acting like others. Now, whenever I go out anywhere, I pray and ask God to help me remember that I am who I am, I'm not out there to be someone else. If my friends don't like me because of who I am, well, then that means that they aren't true friends, 'cause friends accept you for who you are, they don't ask you to change the way you truly are. I could go on and on about this topic, but I think I'll stop right here for now. :)

Also, Tiffany asked if I could answer my own questions, so here are the answers to my questions!


1. Do you think that the photo below is a sunset or a sunrise?
Sunset :)
2. Do you like cooking or baking?
Baking! I especially like frosting cakes!
3. What is the shortest that you have ever cut your hair?
The shortest I've ever cut my hair is up to my chin. *shiver* I doubt that I'll ever have it that short again! It was cut because I had decided to donate my hair, but a bit of a mistake was made while my hair was being cut, so then we had to go to the hairdresser and they made it even shorter. Maybe that's why I hate having my hair cut. . . :D

4. What are your three most favourite farm animals?
Horses (definitely!!), lambs, and chicks.

5. Would you prefer to read a book the entire afternoon or play outside?
It would probably depend on my mood. If I feel lethargic, I'd probably want to stay inside and read a book. And vice versa.

6. What's your favourite subject in school and what's your least favourite subject?
My absolute favourite subject in school (this semester, anyway) is vocal. I just love to sing. There isn't a day that goes by without me singing at least once! Well, except for the days when I'm so sick that it hurts to sing...
As for my least favourite subject, I think it would be either science or math.

7. What do you want to be when you grow up?
Well, right now, I'm interested in midwifery. Although, now that I think of it, I also want to be able to help people, especially homeless people. Not too sure what that kind of profession is called.

8. Pink or blue?
Blue. Especially sky

9. Do you have a book that you can read over and over again and never get bored of it? (next to the Bible :) If so, what is that book?
I've got lots of those kind of books! Some of them are Old-Fashioned Girl, Eight Cousins, Mara of the Nile, and The King's Daughter.
10. Would you prefer to live in the country or the city?
Country!
11. Favourite season?
Unanswerable. I love

Winter because the ice and snow is so beautiful and we can skate and toboggan and have snowball fights.

Spring because all the flowers and new grass sprout up and I can take oh! so many pictures of them! :)

Summer because all the trees are decked out with their big leafy branches and we can swim and bike and hike and have barbecues.

Autumn because there are vivid colours all over the place and we can...rake tons of leaves!

12. Do you make funny faces at babies and toddlers whenever you pass by/hold one?
Yes I do. I know I look extremely silly when I do it, but babies like it! :D

13. Who's your favourite character in Anne of Green Gables and/or Sound of Music (the 1965 film, with Julie Andrews)
For Anne of Green Gables, I liked Anne the best. But for Sound of Music, it would be a tie between Maria and Liesl.
14. Which do you use most for sweeteners, maple syrup, brown/white sugar, or honey?
Maple syrup and sugar

15. Did you ever dream of flying on a horse?
Yup. Lots of times. But then, that was a very long time ago :P I'd pretend that at exactly 12:00 midnight, there would be a huge white horse waiting outside my window and then I'd open the window and jump on and we'd go flying through the clouds and pass the moon.

16. Curls or straight hair?
Curls!

17. Are you camera shy?
Sort of. If I had to choose between being in front of a camera or being behind a camera though, I'd choose being behind the camera!

18. Would you rather read a historical fiction book or write one?
Both.

19. What's the answer to (5 times 4 divided by 2) plus (5 to the power of 3) minus 235 plus 10 minus 149?
I honestly don't know without a calculator. I just put together a bunch of numbers :P

20. What's your absolute favourite main dish?
Mom's creamy pasta with pan-fried chicken and corn. Delicious!! :)



2 comments:

  1. :) I love your answer to the next to last question. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for stopping by! :)
I LOVE comments, so please do leave one! I will try and reply as soon as possible :D If you comment under Anonymous, please leave a name (it can be made up or real, your choice ;)
Oh, and as you all probably know, my family and I are under pseudonyms (you didn’t really think I had a brother named Spiderman or Ironman, did ya? We’re weird, but not 'that' weird! :P) If you do know our real names, please don’t say it in the comment box. Public safety stuff ;) Thanks!

Finally, brothers (and sisters!), whatever is true, whatever is honourable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things
~ Philippians 4: 8