Sunday 15 March 2015

How To | Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies. . . with Cinderella :)

Today Cinderella and I had an exciting adventure together. . . baking cookies! She did pretty much everything by herself, I only helped her with the measurements and the oven.

I'm also making this into a How To post, just for fun! :)

So let's get started!

You need. . .

1 cup of butter


3/4 cups of brown sugar


1/3 cup of white sugar


2 large eggs


1 teaspoon of vanilla


1 teaspoon of baking soda and 2 teaspoons of hot water mixed together


2 1/2 cups of flour


1 cup of chocolate chips. Well, the recipe asks for only 3/4 cups of chips, but we like lots of chips. . . 


And one happy baker! :)


First add the butter and both sugars into a mixing bowl


and stir it up 


until it looks like this. 


Add in the eggs


and stir that up well. 


Add the vanilla


and let the batter mix for about 2 minutes. 


Umm. . . ? 

"I'm not doing anything. . ."

"Well, since I don't think anyone's looking. . ." 


Add in all the flour. . .


And do NOT turn the mixer on full speed. Looks like I forgot to tell Cinderella that :P Oh well, it adds excitement, doesn't it? :)


Now the batter's done! Let's scoop them into nice round balls and lay them on a tray. 



Change of minds. Let's use ice cream scoops instead. SO much easier! :)




Toblerone. . . !
"Don't worry, I'm not touching, see?"

"I'm innocent! (I hope she doesn't see the chocolate
on my mouth!)"

Put the cookies in an oven. The oven should be preheated to 350 degrees. The cookies will take 10 - 20 minutes to cook. 


Yay! They're done! Now place the cookies on a cooling rack. 



And you're done!





Mmmm. . .

1 comment:

  1. This was a really fun post! :) Loved all the pictures, especially the addition of a certain little guy . . . :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for stopping by! :)
I LOVE comments, so please do leave one! I will try and reply as soon as possible :D If you comment under Anonymous, please leave a name (it can be made up or real, your choice ;)
Oh, and as you all probably know, my family and I are under pseudonyms (you didn’t really think I had a brother named Spiderman or Ironman, did ya? We’re weird, but not 'that' weird! :P) If you do know our real names, please don’t say it in the comment box. Public safety stuff ;) Thanks!

Finally, brothers (and sisters!), whatever is true, whatever is honourable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things
~ Philippians 4: 8