Sunday 25 January 2015

Sunday Songs | The Prodigal

Ah, here's the extremely tardy Sunday Songs post! :) 

This is another of my favourite songs, again by Sovereign Grace Music. The Prodigal tells of the great love of our Heavenly Father and how He will never forget us; He'll always be there ready to forgive us with arms held wide out.

The Prodigal


You held out Your arms, I walked away 
Insolent, I spurned Your face 
Squandering the gifts You gave to me 
Holding close forbidden things 
Destitute, a rebel still, a fool in all my pride 
The world I once enjoyed is death to me 
No joy, no hope, no life 




Where now are the friends that I had bought 
Gone with every penny lost 
What hope could there be for such as I 
Sold out to a world of lies 
Oh to see Your face again, it seems so distant now 
Could it be that You would take me back 
A servant in Your house 





You held out Your arms, I see them still 
You never left, You never will 
Running to embrace me, now I know 
Your cords of love will always hold 
Mercy’s robe, a ring of grace 
Such favor undeserved 
You sing over me and celebrate 
The rebel now Your child 


credits

from Sons & Daughters, released 01 August 2009 
By Meghan Baird and Ryan Baird 
© 2009 Sovereign Grace Worship (ASCAP)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for stopping by! :)
I LOVE comments, so please do leave one! I will try and reply as soon as possible :D If you comment under Anonymous, please leave a name (it can be made up or real, your choice ;)
Oh, and as you all probably know, my family and I are under pseudonyms (you didn’t really think I had a brother named Spiderman or Ironman, did ya? We’re weird, but not 'that' weird! :P) If you do know our real names, please don’t say it in the comment box. Public safety stuff ;) Thanks!

Finally, brothers (and sisters!), whatever is true, whatever is honourable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things
~ Philippians 4: 8