Monday 5 January 2015

Happy New Year!

Wow! It's 2015! I wonder what this year has in store for us? I know that 2014 was full of surprises and lessons.

Let's see, in 2014 a few important and unimportant things that happened to me was I
  • turned 14
  • started high school
  • had my first piano exam
  • became interested in photography
  • went skiing for the first time since I was 4
  • started this blog :)
  • went camping (we haven't done that for a LONG time)
  • played through 3 grades in piano
  • bought my first DSLR
  • swam in an outdoor swimming pool on Christmas Day!
  • started my first live (but online) class with the Virtual Learning Centre 
  • learned a very hard but very important lesson: if you're saving files and pictures on your computer, be sure you're logged on an administrator's account. If you're logged on as a guest user (as I was) and the computer runs out of battery and dies, all the files and pictures are instantly erased. I'm not kidding, EVERYTHING IS ERASED!!!! (Which kinda explains why I haven't put any posts on Singapore recently. All those Singapore pictures were erased. :( Thanks to my uncle, however, 50% of the photos were recovered by using a card reader on my memory cards. Now I've just got to sort through them and organize again)
  • went to Singapore!!
  • made two REALLY nice new friends

And then several things that happened in the family:

  • Toblerone turned 1
  • Cinderella lost her first tooth
  • Ironman started piano lessons
  • We visited the Warplane Museum
  • Our grandparents treated us to a trip to Ripley's Aquarium
  • Toblerone started walking (he's currently running now though)
  • The dangerous swing was put up
  • Spiderman celebrated his 10th birthday (double digits!!)
  • Tiger Lily celebrated her 13th birthday in Singapore (which is significant, not only because she's now a number that ends with "teen", but also because I celebrated my 13th birthday in Singapore.)
  • Tiger Lily and I hemmed and sewed around 60 gingham napkins for a birthday party
  • Mom and Dad had their 18th anniversary

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Quite a list. :) Glad you were able to recover most of your pictures! I don't take many pictures, but I know that when my other computer started messing up earlier this year, I nearly panicked because I hadn't backed up all my stories! Thankfully I was able to back them up and didn't lose them.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for stopping by! :)
I LOVE comments, so please do leave one! I will try and reply as soon as possible :D If you comment under Anonymous, please leave a name (it can be made up or real, your choice ;)
Oh, and as you all probably know, my family and I are under pseudonyms (you didn’t really think I had a brother named Spiderman or Ironman, did ya? We’re weird, but not 'that' weird! :P) If you do know our real names, please don’t say it in the comment box. Public safety stuff ;) Thanks!

Finally, brothers (and sisters!), whatever is true, whatever is honourable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things
~ Philippians 4: 8