Random things that happened at the ski lodge today:
- listening to the radio and hearing a man say "It's so cold that when you step outside it freezes your nostrils!"
- stopping to adjust my scarf, just realizing that the song playing on the loud speakers is Hello and then finding out that I wasn't the only one to find that out. A very little boy no older than DareDevil starts belting out "HELLOOOOOO FROM THE OTHER SIDE!!!" (I had to Google the lyrics because I didn't know if the words were other side or outside. I've only heard this song once during vocal class :P)
- gliding through soft, fluffy powder snow and thanking God for the beautiful weather!
- sitting in the cafeteria and trying to thaw out while watching a little dark-haired girl maybe about one and a half years old following her mother who's talking on the phone. And trying not to laugh when the girl puts her hand on her ear and squeaks "Haylo?" "Haylo?" "Haylo?"
- sipping piping hot chocolate and munching on an apple turnover (mmm....SO good! :)
- watching DareDevil go over a jump that, mini though it is, I absolutely refuse to try. And then listening to him ask "Am I almost as better as you yet?" :P (I think he means good, not better, but he hasn't figured that stuff out quite yet ;)
- moving forward to help DareDevil onto the chairlift and hearing the operator ask him "How ya doin', young man?" Then "And how are you, Mom?" And realizing with shock that he's addressing me :P
- cringing as a skier slips on a steep hill, rolls, and goes down in a cloud of snow. Ouch.
- seeing a bright pink sign on the girls' bathroom door that says "Out of order for 10 minutes. Male cleaners inside". And according to Tiger Lily, there had been a sign on the boys' bathroom that said "Out of order of 10 minutes. Female cleaners inside"!! XD
- glad that I brought my computer so that the Willis Clan could drown out the music-that-I'd-rather-not-hear in the cafeteria
- going up a "new" chairlift (aka one that I hadn't gone on before but DareDevil and Dad had) and staring with utter horror at the very steep hill in front of me. The conversation while we were riding over that hill:
DareDevil: "I went down that one and it's really fun!
Me: Ummm....it looks pretty scary!
DareDevil: Oh, it's not scary at all!
When we got off the chairlift, I let him be the leader since I didn't really know any of the hills and he had already gone on all of them. He led me around a couple of curves until we came to a "crossroads", or where the hills split off into different tracks. He looked around, then said "Let's take an easy one first since you're not quite used to it yet." XD Isn't he a good brother? ;)
- laughing when Tiger Lily peels off her scarf and finds that the part of the scarf over her mouth had frozen completely stiff
- taking out my contact lenses and being very much aware of the (horrified) faces that Tiger Lily was making at me (she still can't get over the fact that I'm picking something out of my eye :P)