Saturday 11 April 2015

Liebster Award!

I was nominated for a Liebster award by Emily McConnell, a very talented writer and author of The Imaginary World of Emily McConnell. Thanks Emily! :)

The rules are:

1. Link back to the blogger that nominated you
2. Answer the 11 new questions
3. Nominate other bloggers (however many or few as you'd like)
4. Create 11 new questions
5. Notify the new nominees of their award

Now for the questions . . .

1. You have one day to live. What are you going to do that day?
Okay, actually, I’ve been asked this question before and I’ve never been able to answer it fully! Umm. . . I think I would pray and trust God in whatever He was planning on doing with my life. 

2.. You discover that you accidentally brought all of your book characters from a book you’ve written/all the characters from you favourite book you’ve read, to life. Is this a good thing or a bad thing? 
Good and bad. I’d love to meet characters from my favourite book, but I’d also hate to see how they would most likely be treated in this world and in this time. I mean, can you imagine people just thinking it normal that an 18th Century girl in full get-up is walking down a street, or a young girl with two brown braids, a long dress, and a bonnet half on is riding a horse instead of a car? Or a talking lion in my backyard? Not to mention the dwarfs, larger-than-life squirrels, flying horses. . .

3. Cherries or peaches?
Peaches!! Especially if they’re canned! 

4. If Jesus came back tonight, would you be ready for Him?
I really truly hope so. 

5. What is your favourite Christian non-fiction book (besides the Bible)?
Hmm. . . really, I’ve never had favourites for anything because I like so many things! Possibly Joni, or biographies on Corrie ten Boom, Amy Carmichael, and George Müller. 

6. Biographies or instruction books?
Biographies. Definitely. 

7. If given the chance, who is the one Bible character (besides Jesus) you’d want to meet? 
Ruth, Esther, Peter, Mary, Paul, Joshua, Moses, Jacob, Joseph. . . oh dear, I can’t choose!!! 

8. You’re walking down the road and see a child being bullied. What do you do?
Defend the child, of course! I just hope I keep my temper under control. I know that I get kinda scary if I lose my temper. Which unfortunately, I do a lot. 

9. If given the chance, who is the one fictional character (your books or books you’ve read) that you’d want to meet?
Hmm. . . hard question. I have so many favourite characters! Maybe Jo March from Little Women or Lucy from Chronicles of Narnia

10. You’ve been asked to perform a song/instrument at a huge arena with four thousand people attending. Would you go or would you hide?
I think I would go. I would probably be really nervous (duh) but so long as the words of the song were appropriate and OK to sing, then I’d probably do it. Actually, I find it easier to sing in front of a whole bunch of stranger than in front of people that I know. Is that just me? :) 

11. Without warning, you’re thrown back in time to a different era, where Christians are being persecuted. Would you try to find a way back home, help them first and then try to find a way home, or accept your fate and decide to live among them and help them? 
Help them first and then try to find a way home. 


And the people I'm going to nominate are:

Miriam, Hannah, and Abby Cacciacarro from The Cacciacarro Family and Lilies of the Field Doll Apparel

Olivia Nickerson from Like Mother Like Daughter and Sweet Sister Baking

Bethany R. from A Great God and Good Cocoa


And your questions are:

1. Do you find that you read more fiction or non-fiction books? 
2. Skirts or pants?
3. What is your dream pet? Or do you not like animals in general?
4. What is your favourite Bible verse?
5. Who in your family do you look like the most?
6. If given the chance, who is the one person that you would want to meet? 
7. Say some of your siblings were fighting, either by words or physically. Would you watch them and cheer for your favourite, be a peacemaker, or ignore them and walk away?
8. Do you prefer singing or playing an instrument?
9. Who is your favourite singer/band? 
10. What do you spend the most time doing/ What do you wish you spent the most time doing?
11. What characteristic do you not have that you wish you had or are trying to learn?








5 comments:

  1. Love your answers! It's so much fun to see what everyone answers on these things. :) Also, your questions are great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your answers! It's so much fun to see what everyone answers on these things. :) Also, your questions are great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Emily! And your questions were really fun to answer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the nomination! I will answer the questions on my blog when I can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! I can't wait to see your answers, Bethany! :)

      Delete

Hi! Thanks for stopping by! :)
I LOVE comments, so please do leave one! I will try and reply as soon as possible :D If you comment under Anonymous, please leave a name (it can be made up or real, your choice ;)
Oh, and as you all probably know, my family and I are under pseudonyms (you didn’t really think I had a brother named Spiderman or Ironman, did ya? We’re weird, but not 'that' weird! :P) If you do know our real names, please don’t say it in the comment box. Public safety stuff ;) Thanks!

Finally, brothers (and sisters!), whatever is true, whatever is honourable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things
~ Philippians 4: 8