Monday 14 March 2016

The Get To Know Me Tag

Jesseca and Lauren F. tagged me for the Get-To-Know-Me Tag :) Thank you both so much! :D 
Let's get started!  



Vital Stats 
Name: Oooohhhh....yeah, okay. Sooo.....sort of against the rules right now to say what my name actually is. Sorry. But I'm known as Blessing Counter here ;) 

Nicknames: Same as first question, sincere apologies. But I'm breathing a sigh of relief as well 'cause now you won't have to know some of the truly awful nicknames that I have :P 

Place of Birth: Good, plain Earth, third planet from the sun in our solar system (the one with the Milky Way, just in case you were wondering ;)) To be more specific, Canada, but that's about as specific as I can get :D 

Firsts
Best Friends: Do siblings count? Because if they do, then my first ever best friend is Tiger Lily. We've done pretty much everything together. We still do, actually! We've been Mary and Laura Ingalls. We've been Anne and Diana. We're singing partners. Seriously, it's really weird how the singing goes. It's almost like we have a sister telepathy going on. I'll be humming a random song and then I hear this pretty harmony join in. She harmonizes with everything, even if it's a song that I'm making up and she's never heard it before! It's really cool. Best friends for life! :) 

Award: To be honest, I really am not sure when my first award was. But the earliest I can remember is the first place award I won in the baking section at the country fair 6-7 years ago. 


Sport: Baseball! I used to play with Dad and Tiger Lily at our old semi. I used to be really good at it, now I'm sorta scared of the ball being thrown at me :P And we don't play as often since the boys got too good at it and we kept losing balls in the forest. I prefer archery now :) 

Real Holiday: What's a real holiday? Is it the first holiday that you actually remember? I'm not sure if birthdays count as holidays, but I do vaguely remember the mini birthday party that I shared with my cousin who is 11 days older than me. I don't remember how old we were turning, but I do remember the brownies with coloured star sprinkles on them! :D 

Concert: Do you mean an "actual" concert or the hundreds of concerts Tiger Lily and I had together? ;) My first piano recital was 6-7 years ago, when I first started officially playing piano. And Tiger Lily and I went with Dad to see Handel's Messiah when I was 10. As for those other concerts Tiger Lily and I did, well, those started ever since we found out that the electronic piano had built-in songs in it  :P 

Favorites
Film: Really? Oh boy, these next few questions are going to be hard! I'll try to keep the lists small ;) 
Ever After
Anne of Green Gables
Courageous
Mom's Night Out
Yours, Mine, and Ours
Cinderella 

TV Shows: 
Little House on the Prairie (that's pretty much the only TV show that I watched. And it wasn't even on cable :P)

Color: 
The whole spectrum. Can't leave any of them out!!

Song:
Well, the one album that I've been listening to recently is Chapter Two: Boots by the Willis Clan.

Restaurant: Uhhh....no favourites. Sorry. 

Books: 
Bible
Lucy Winchester
Mara Daughter of the Nile
Anne of Green Gables (pretty much the whole series)
Bonnets and Bugles
Light From Heaven
Little Women
The King's Daughter
Unbroken

Currently
Feeling: Well, with the knowledge that I finished my NLE, the character analysis essay, the math test, Latin quiz, biology homework, and a 4 page letter, as well as listening to some awesome music, you could say I'm happy. Aka joyful. Aka delighted. Aka lighthearted. Aka ebullient. 

Single or Taken: Considering that I'm a 16 year old Christian girl who is homeschooled and lives in the country and most times does not see people except for at church....I think you can guess the answer ;) 

Eating: Nothing. Just finished dinner though! 

Watching: Words appear on the screen as I type. I've tried multi-tasking and watching Studio C or something like that while putting together blog posts, but it's never worked.

Wearing: A blue plaid shirt with a brown braided belt and jeans. And I did have socks on this morning, but sometime in the day, they .... fell off ;) 

Future
Want children: If God wills it, yes! 

Want to be married: I really liked Rebekah's answer to this. This question should come before the "want children" question. Because yeah, I'm not having children unless I'm married! And again, it's if God wills it. 

Careers in Mind: A dream career would be singing. Probably not going to happen though. So either baking, English teacher, music teacher (or some kind of teacher, not too sure on the topic right now) or midwife. 

Where you want to live: I'd love to just stay where I am and never go anywhere. But things, both good and bad, aren't going to happen if nothing ever changes. I don't have a specific place where I'd like to live other than where I am right now, but I'll leave it up to God to lead me in the right direction at the right time 

Do You Believe in
God: Definitely! 

Miracles: Yes! 

Love at first sight: No. I guess it's possible but the relationship just wouldn't be stable, I don't think. My answer may or may not have to do with finishing an analysis on Romeo and Juliet, but really, look at how they ended up! Love based only on sight is fickle. I would prefer love based on character. 

Ghosts: 
Other than the Holy Ghost? Nope. 

Aliens: 
No. 

Soul Mates: 
To be honest, I wasn't too sure what soul mates were to begin with. I googled it. :P  So apparently soul mates are two souls joining together to perfect each other? Interesting... umm...yeah, anyway. Okay...well it's hard to believe in something you just found out two minutes ago! So I can't say that I believe in them. What do I think about them? Well, they're possible, I just think that it can be more than just one person who can be your soul mate. 

Heaven: 
Yes.

Hell: 
Also yes. 

Kissing on the first date: 
NO!! No kissing on any dates, if you please! Only at the altar :) 

Yourself: Most times. Trying to be careful around being too believing, because there have been occasions where I thought I could do anything on my own strength and well, you know how that turns out! It has to be on God's strength. Because without God, it's hard! 

Well, that's the end of the tag. That was a lot of fun, thank you for tagging me, Jesseca and Lauren! 

I tag:
Olivia from 9 Kids plus 2
Lea from God and Miracles
Shai from Thinking About...


21 comments:

  1. Thanks for tagging me, Blessing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a lot of fun reading your answers, Blessing!
    I really like the picture you used. Those cupcakes look really good. :)
    Oh yes, Courageous and Mom's Night Out are both really good movies. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rebekah! Yes, isn't Courageous and Mom's Night Out amazing?!? :D

      Delete
  3. What a fun post. :) I enjoyed reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for tagging me! I really enjoyed reading your answers! I just watched Mom's Night Out:)! It was really funny :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome and thank you, Shai! :) Haha, yeah, that movie is just really amazing and funny! :) The first time I watched it, it was on an airplane and I was having the hardest time not laughing out loud :P

      Delete
  5. Oh, I loved reading your answers! Thanks so much for doing the tag. ;) Oh, you've seen "Handals Messiah"?! That must have been so amazing! I really, really want to see it sometime!
    Mom's night out is a great movie. ;) Our whole family really enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jesseca! And thank you for tagging me! It was so much fun! :D
      Yes, Handel's Messiah was really amazing!

      Delete
  6. I love Your's Mine and ours!!!! And Mom's night out! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, aren't they just SO funny?!? :)

      Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  7. Fun answers! :) I always like hearing more about people's likes and dislikes. Call it a hobby if you like. ;)
    Oo...Ever After is one of my favorite movies too. :)
    Question: does Studio C count as a Television Show?? It's on BYU, right? 'Cause if it is, that's also a favorite of mine. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Rebekah! Haha, very interesting hobby ;)

      I've no idea! But if Studio C can be considered a TV show, than yeah, that would be on my favourites list too :D

      Delete
  8. I loved reading your answers!!! My sister and I sound so much like you and Tiger Lily! Whenever she starts singing, I always try to harmonize with her. Sometimes she makes up songs on the fly too, but it's been a while!
    I read Bonnets and Bugles and I loved that series. I watch Studio C alllll the time! They're great :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lauren!
      Isn't the singing "thing" so much fun? :)

      Delete
  9. Little House on the Prairie, yyyyeeeeessss!!! I love that show!! :D I was watching one last night, but I couldn't watch the second half because our DVD remote is missing. O_o So I read a book and went to bed, but tonight I'm going to finish it! :P
    I enjoyed reading your answers, Blessing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah...I hate it when the remote's missing. And it gets lost a lot, since DareDevil and Toblerone LOVE playing with it ;P
      Which LHOTP episode were you watching?

      Thanks, Faith! :)

      Delete
    2. Well this remote has been missing for months. We've finally concluded that it must've got throw in the trash somehow. :P

      I was watching "Laura Ingalls Wilder". It's the one where Laura and Almanzo finally get married at the end. :)

      Delete
  10. Thanks for doing the tag!! I loved reading your answers. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for stopping by! :)
I LOVE comments, so please do leave one! I will try and reply as soon as possible :D If you comment under Anonymous, please leave a name (it can be made up or real, your choice ;)
Oh, and as you all probably know, my family and I are under pseudonyms (you didn’t really think I had a brother named Spiderman or Ironman, did ya? We’re weird, but not 'that' weird! :P) If you do know our real names, please don’t say it in the comment box. Public safety stuff ;) Thanks!

Finally, brothers (and sisters!), whatever is true, whatever is honourable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things
~ Philippians 4: 8