Tuesday 28 June 2016

Counting Our Blessings // Yours Truly

Hello all! How are ya doing? :) 

I realized a couple days ago that I had never done a blessings post yet, and the Lord gave me an opportunity to do it this month, so here I go! :D 

Photo Credits: Tiger Lily 
As most of you already know, I am a 16 year old country gal with 6 (and soon to be 7!!) younger siblings. I love reading, writing, singing, baking, photography, and so much more! I'm known in the blogosphere as Blessing Counter, and if you're reading this, you've probably figured out where I blog at ;) 
Now here are a few things that I'm thankful for. 

Nature
The Lord definitely shows His love for us in His creation, wouldn't you say? I love walking outside on a cool, spring morning and smelling the beautiful, dew-covered blossoms. 

Then seeing the light from the early morning sun run across the fresh new grass. 

I love studying the delicate patterns of a fragile butterfly,

And hearing the chirp of a little bird. 

Watching the sun's rays burst gloriously from the clouds,

and observing the glassy eyes of little Mr. Sticky-Toes.

Listening to the crack of thunder and the flash of lightening, and knowing all the while that behind everything is an awesome, all-powerful Creator who loves us and cares for us. He blesses us with the beauty of nature; Praise the Lord! Who says God doesn't exist? Look around you - His very existence is shown in creation! 

For His invisible attributes, namely His eternal power and divine nature  have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse ~ Romans 1: 20

Music
I LOVE music. Listening to it, singing it, playing it, everything about music is just so beautiful and amazing and somewhat mysterious. Sure, there's scientific explanations for sounds and frequencies and all that stuff, but still! It's just mind-boggling trying to grasp that God made and gave us sound. Beautiful sound that comes together as music :) 


My Sister 
I'm not trying to be partial here; trust me, I love all my siblings! :D However, Tiger Lily and I have been best friends since forever and well, I'm very thankful for her. 

I've always sort of known it, but the full reality of how much she means to me really hit me when we were at the Landry camps. There were times when I was just so overwhelmed with how many people there were, or just feeling very alone. I'd head to my dorm room and she'd always either be there already, or come in a few minutes after I arrived. And she somehow always made me feel better :) 


Yes, we fight. There are tons of things we don't agree on. But we always make up. I have a very hard time trying to stay angry with her for very long ;)

She's funny. You've heard me say this multiple times. I think she's a clown at heart ;) A gentle, caring, kind clown.

We geek out over THE weirdest things.

We chat all night and giggle randomly at things that sometimes aren't even funny :P

We've been roommates for about 14 years, pretty much our whole life.

We're best friends forever. Bosom friends. Buddies.

We've pretended to be Mary and Laura Ingalls. We're Anne and Diana.

We've had tea parties, Indian war dances, and operas. We do weird things to our ice cream cones.

She is special.


Thank you, Lord, for blessing me with this girl! 

10 comments:

  1. Aw, love this post, Blessing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome post :D I LOVE the pictures especially the one with the sunrays and the clouds! And I love the paragraph about music. It is mysterious! And God truly has blessed us with giving us sound!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lauren! Glad you liked the pictures :D
      And yes, we are truly blessed with music! :)

      Delete
  3. Great post Blessing! I love music too and am so thankful for it :)! I also love all of your pictures, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pictures, beautiful sisters. All wonderful blessings. <3

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for stopping by! :)
I LOVE comments, so please do leave one! I will try and reply as soon as possible :D If you comment under Anonymous, please leave a name (it can be made up or real, your choice ;)
Oh, and as you all probably know, my family and I are under pseudonyms (you didn’t really think I had a brother named Spiderman or Ironman, did ya? We’re weird, but not 'that' weird! :P) If you do know our real names, please don’t say it in the comment box. Public safety stuff ;) Thanks!

Finally, brothers (and sisters!), whatever is true, whatever is honourable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things
~ Philippians 4: 8