Christmas is a time for remembering and rejoicing. A time to praise God for sending His Son to earth to save our sins (although really, we should be doing that all year around! :))
But for one day of this party, I’m going to do a *coughs* pet peeves post. “Why on earth would you do that? For Christmas? What are you thinking?!”
I know, I know, it’s strange and you might even think it not nice. If you want, you can consider it a Christmas Observations post instead. If that makes it sound any better.
It’s just that, the world has done so much to try and ruin Christmas, sometimes it’s as if the world was the Grinch. Except that they try to hide what they do behind bright smiles and catchy tunes. Well, they’re not getting away with it here. No sirree. So please bear with me as I vent out my frustration ;)
1. Modern Christmas songs are not Christmas songs. They don’t have anything to do with Christmas. Just because a song has jingle bells in it does not make it a Christmas song! All the songs nowadays are about Santas or love or breakups or ahhhhh…. why?! One song that can be a really catchy tune but is soooooo annoying is Last Christmas. “Last Christmas I gave you my heart, but the very next day you gave it away.” It’s kind of funny because it just plays every single Christmas, and you know it’s a song and all, but you can’t help but roll your eyes and say “Really? You said that last Christmas. Get over it, learn your lesson already!” (seriously, my sister and I do that all the time :P)
2. Apparently, people are even hardened against saying Merry Christmas. They insist on using “Happy Holidays” or even worse: “Merry X-Mas!!” Why???? Christ is not an X, you can’t hide him behind THAT!! They resent having Christ, the true reason for the season, in their festivities, and now they have to take out the Christ from Christmas.
3. Santa. Ain’t. Real. Why does he get more attention than Christ does? He’s just an imaginary character dressed in red that gets plumper every year. That’s all. Nothin’ to miss. Honest.
4. All the new versions of the old Christmas carols. Ok, so some of them are nice and really good, but there are others that are just plain awful. Sometimes staying simple and original is fine too, ya know?
5. Making less important things the priority instead of Christ, especially during Christmas. “We don’t have a star for our tree!!!” *gasps* *flails* *dies dramatically* THE most important part of Christmas is Christ coming down to earth for us, and all you can think of is stars, lights, presents, and trees. Peoples!
- - - - - - - - - -
*shyly raises head from behind couch* Sooo....what do you think? Any of these pet peeves of yours? And if not....don't hate ;) I'm just stating opinions here, and I completely understand if some of you have different opinions. I mean, that's what makes the world unique, right? :) And I will admit, I am guilty of some of these myself. Especially remembering the importance of Christmas and keeping Christ in the centre of everything. But I just felt that I had to spill this out somewhere ;) Hope you all understand :)
Now let's remember the True reason for the season! :D